New Years Eve is all about having fun, enjoying the company your with and having a few cocktails. Well why not add a little liqueur to your desserts and keep the party going! These scrumptious Kahlua Coffee Rounds are more soft then crunchy, giving them a lightness that is sure to become a crowd pleaser and the best part, they are no bake! They are the perfect bite sized treat to pop in your mouth as you watch the ball drop. They are infused with Kahlua and espresso, the marriage of two powerful flavors, giving these little guys an extra punch.
This recipe has few ingredients but some of them you may not have lying around the kitchen so make sure you pick them up at the store before starting this recipe, such as the Kahlua, instant espresso, and vanilla wafers. Start by dissolving the instant espresso into the Kahlua in a medium bowl. Once dissolved mix in corn syrup and confectionary sugar.
Once the confectionary sugar is combined well, gradually add in the vanilla wafer crumbs. Mix well. Mixture will be thick and sticky. Put bowl in refrigerator for 20 minutes so mixture can firm up before you form the balls.
After the 20 minutes, use your hands to form 1 inch balls. If mixture becomes to wet because it's been out of the refrigerator too long, just place back in refrigerator for another 10 minutes and then finishing rolling the rest of the balls. Last step is to roll the balls in either confectionary sugar or cocoa powder depending on whether you want sweet or semi-sweet treats. Keep in the refrigerator till ready to serve.
Kahlua Coffee Rounds
Makes: 24 Servings | Prep Time: 35 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/3 cup Kahlua
1 tsp instant espresso
2 tbs corn syrup
1 cup confectionary sugar
1/4 cup confectionary sugar or cocoa powder (for rolling)
*These should be made a few days ahead of time so that they can really firm up well in the refrigerator.
1. Pulse wafers in food processor till you have crumbs.
2. In a medium bowl, dissolve instant espresso in Kahlua. Once dissolved add the corn syrup and confectionary sugar, mix well.
3. Gradually add in the wafer crumbs, mixing well between each addition. Place bowl in refrigerator for 20 minutes, letting mixture firm up.
4. After 20 minutes, form 1" balls with the mixture using your hands. If mixture becomes to wet because it's been out of the refrigerator too long, just place back in refrigerator for another 10 minutes and then finishing rolling the rest of the balls. Roll balls in confectionary sugar or cocoa powder depending on your preference.
5. Store in refrigerator till ready to serve.