This was such an impromptu recipe; I had so many apples left that I just had to find ways to make use of them. I really didn't even take many step-by-step photos to follow along with but the end result was so delicious, I just had to share. This is a great personal sized dessert for Thanksgiving, you can make one for each guest and I promise they will thank you.
You'll need a few simple ingredients: apples, pie crust, cinnamon, sugar, butter, eggs and cream cheese. That's it. First you'll peel, core and slice your apples into about 1/2 cubes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. In another bowl blend together softened cream cheese, sugar, and eggs till smooth. Then roll out your pie crust on a floured surface. Using a 5" round bowl or plate, cut out circles from the pie crust.
Grease a non stick cookie sheet or muffin tins. Place pie crust circles down and fill with a spoonful of cream cheese and a spoon full of apples. Pull up the sides of the crust around the filling and pinch together. Try not to overstuff mini pies, as they will overflow and open in the oven. Then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with more sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until crust turns golden brown.
These scrumptious little pies are sweet and delectable. Perfect for a little snack any time of the day.
Mini Apple Cream Cheese Pies
Makes: 12 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes
4 Macintosh Apples
8 oz. package of cream cheese (room temperature)
3/4 cup sugar, plus sugar for sprinkling
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 large egg
1 package Pie Crust
1 tbsp melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core and chop apples into 1/2 inch pieces. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
2. Blend cream cheese till smooth in a bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup sugar. Then blend in egg till well combined.
3. Roll out pie crust, top and bottom layer, on a floured surface. Cut twelve 4-5" circles out of the dough using a bowl or small plate.
4. Place circles on a greased cookie sheet or in muffin tins. Fill each circle with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture and then top with the apples. Fold sides of dough up over the filling and pinch closed.
5. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or till the dough becomes golden brown.
6. Serve warm.